Variegated Rhapis excelsa (Lady Palm)
Scientific name: Rhapis excelsa f. variegata
Common names: Variegated Lady Palm, Broadleaf Lady Palm, Bamboo Palm
Origin: Native to southern China and Taiwan
Soil: Prefers a well-draining soil mix. A blend of garden soil, compost, and sand works well.
Light: Thrives in low to medium light conditions. The variegated variety can tolerate brighter indirect light but should be protected from direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.
Watering: Requires regular watering but should not be left in standing water. Ensure the soil is moist but not soggy.
Hardiness: Can tolerate temperatures as low as 5°C (41°F) but prefers warmer conditions.
Growing habit: Clumping growth with multiple stems emerging from the base. The variegated variety showcases green leaves with cream to yellow stripes.
Unfortunately no palms allowed be exported from Thailand to USA and all EU/EEA countries. OK to Canada, UK, Middle East and Asian countries.
The Variegated Lady Palm is a sought-after variant of the classic Rhapis excelsa. Native to southern China and Taiwan, this palm is known for its elegant, fan-shaped fronds that feature a beautiful variegation of green with cream to yellow stripes. It’s a slow-growing palm, making it perfect for indoor settings or shaded outdoor areas. Its ability to thrive in low-light conditions makes it a favorite among houseplant enthusiasts.
Read more about growing tropical palms indoors on the dedicated blog post below.
Think about a dream holiday in tropics. Got it? I bet that the picture in your mind right now includes palm trees somewhere - boarding a white sand beach or around a luxurious pool. They are there. Tall and slender, crowned by majestic greenery high above your head. The image of tropical palms is ...READ MORE +
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Variegated Rhapis excelsa (Lady Palm)