Scientific name: Monstera dubia
Origin: Central America
Flower colour: spathe rose to salmon-colored
Soil: Fertile, well drained
Sun/shade: semi shade
Hardiness: min 10C (50F)
Height: up to 25m (82′), climber
Monstera dubia is a handsome plant, which needs to climb. The earliest adult leaves are entire, and if the individual is growing on an inadequate support it may flower at this stage. However, with a large tree to grow on, it will produce first entire leaves, then pinnatifid ones (divided), and finally pinnatifid-perforate leaves (divided with holes).
One package contains 1 plant. We ship only healthy (in pot) growing plants. We carefully remove the soil and wrap the roots in humid sterile coconut peat. Then we gently pack the root ball in a plastic bag. After that, we wrap the plant in newspaper and then in a strong cardboard box.
Conditions & FAQ
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping
- Remove soil on day of shipment
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant)
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min.
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag
- Wrap roots plastic bag, wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack.
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Monstera dubia