Colocasia gigantea ‘Thailand Giant’
Scientific name: Colocasia gigantea ‘Thailand Giant’
Common name: Giant Elephant Ear
Natural habitat: Thailand
Flowers: pleasantly perfumed, white, lily-like
Soil: very fertile, well drained
Sun/shade: from full sun to semi shade
Hardiness: min 5C (40F)
Height: 3m (9′), smaller if kept in container
Do you have space in your home for this giant? We sell small rhizomes, which can be planted indoors and will become a given talk subject for your guests as well as an ultimate tropical feeling for your home. Give it plenty of water, fertilizer and light as this is a really big and fast grower. You can also grow it outside in temperate climate, if you cut down the stem and protect the rhizome for winter. If you are interested in bigger rhizomes for your tropical garden, ask us.
We ship only healthy plants that were grown in pots. We carefully remove the soil and wrap the roots in damp sterile coconut peat. Then, we gently pack the root ball in a plastic bag. After that, we wrap the plant in special paper and then in a sturdy cardboard box shipped with the shipping option of your choice.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
Following payment methods are available for some countries, when paying in local currency:
Bancontact - Belgium;
EPS - Austria;
Giropay - Germany;
iDEAL - Netherlands;
Klarna - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, UK;
Przelewy24 - Poland;
WeChat - Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, UK, USA
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Colocasia gigantea ‘Thailand Giant’
There are no reviews yet.