Typhonodorum lindleyanum – A Majestic Aquatic Plant
Scientific name: Typhonodorum lindleyanum
Other names: Giant Aquatic Arrowhead, Giant Arum, Water Banana
Natural habitat: Comoro Islands, Madagascar, Mauritius, Tanzania, tropical and subtropical regions of Asia, Africa, and Australia.
Flowers: white or cream-colored spadix
Soil: Soil mixture of sand, perlite, potting soil, and sphagnum moss. Place the pot into a plastic container filled with water to about 3-5cm (1-2″) below the soil line.
Watering: Requires consistent moisture; ideal for pot-in-pot systems, indoor ponds, or aquariums.
Light: Prefers sunny locations.
Hardiness: Typhonodorum lindleyanum is not frost tolerant and requires warm temperatures.
You are buying a plant similar to one on the last three photos.
Typhonodorum lindleyanum, known for its stout, banana-like pseudo-stem, grows up to 4 meters (13 feet) tall. This perennial plant is characterized by a rosette of leaves from a short horizontal rhizome, usually reaching 1.5 to 2.5 meters (5-8 feet) in height. The plant’s flowers are cream-colored spadix, and it produces large, bright yellow berries when ripe. The evergreen, firm leaves are up to 100 cm (3 feet) long, adding a tropical and exotic feel to any setting.
Typhonodorum lindleyanum or Giant Arrowhead, or Giant Arum is easily propagated from stem cuttings. It is used as ornamental plant in gardens and as a houseplant. Ideal for creating a tropical ambiance in wide water gardens or as a centerpiece in indoor water gardens.
Suitable for wide water gardens and indoor aquatic arrangements, Typhonodorum lindleyanum prefers sunny locations and waterlogged soils rich in organic matter. Indoors, it can be cultivated in pot-in-pot systems, indoor ponds, or aquariums, ensuring consistent moisture for the roots.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Typhonodorum lindleyanum – A Majestic Aquatic Plant