Musa Aeae (Florida strain)
Scientific name: Musa Aeae (Florida strain)
Origin: Florida, USA
Soil: very well drained mix
Light: partial shade
Watering: moderate, very little before the plant start to grow again
Temperature: between 26 – 32C (79 – 90F)
Unfortunately, the only option available for import to USA is the “Tissue culture” below. Other countries ok with any option.
$9.00 – $65.00
The rare and exotic Musa Aeae, is a stunning banana plant that is sure to impress. This unique variety is known for its striking white variegation on its lush green leaves, stem and even on its edible fruits, creating a mesmerizing visual effect. The Musa Aeae is a hard-to-find variety that will add a touch of rare beauty to any indoor or outdoor garden. The plant you buy is about 60cm tall, but we cut back the foliage to eliminate evaporation during the transport. It will start growing new leaves once planted. Please water it very moderate before it starts to grow again. Musa AeAe is the most heat loving banana out there so it should be kept preferably in temperature above 26C all the year.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Musa Aeae (Florida strain)