Kaempferia variegata red leaf
Scientific name: Kaempferia pulchra f. red leaves variegata
Other/Common names: Peacock Ginger
Natural habitat: Tropical regions, particularly in Asia
Flowers: Pale-purple, with a small white center.
Soil: The plant prefers a well-drained potting mix. A good mix can be made of 2 parts potting soil, 1 part perlite, and 1 part orchid bark.
Light: The plant thrives in bright shade or dappled light. Avoid direct sun for long periods.
Watering: Water Kaempferia thoroughly, allowing the soil to approach dryness before watering again. During its dormancy period in late fall to late winter, water sparingly, only when the soil is fully dry.
Hardiness: This plant is a tropical species and prefers warm conditions. It is not frost-tolerant.
The Kaempferia pulchra variegata, also known as the Peacock Ginger, is a tropical plant known for its broad decorative leaves. This new cultivar from Thai growers has red-brown leaves adorned with brighter red stripes. It is a warm-growing ginger relative that can be grown in pots or as a groundcover in frost-free regions. The plant prefers a well-drained potting mix and bright shade or dappled light. During its dormancy period in late fall to late winter, it requires very little water. The plant is a great addition to any indoor plant collection, adding a touch of tropical beauty to your home.
We ship only healthy plants that were grown in pots. We carefully remove the soil and wrap the roots in damp sterile coconut peat. Then, we gently pack the root ball in a plastic bag. After that, we wrap the plant in special paper and then in a sturdy cardboard box shipped with the shipping option of your choice.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Kaempferia variegata red leaf