Adenium (Desert Rose) ‘Kunvadee’
Scientific name: Adenium obesum ‘Kunvadee’
Common names: Desert rose, Mock azalea, Impala lily, Sabi star, Kudu
Natural habitat: regions south of the Sahara (from Mauritania and Senegal to Sudan), tropical and subtropical eastern and southern Africa and also the Arabian Peninsula
Flower color: pink with dark red center
Soil: extremely well drained
Sun/shade: Full sun or artificial light
Hardiness: minimum 10°C (50°F) if kept dry
Height: up to 2m (6’6″), less in pots; slow grower
Adenium, commonly known as Desert Rose, is a stunning succulent plant known for its lush, dark green leaves and large, vibrant flowers. This plant thrives in full sun and well-drained soil, making it an excellent choice for those looking to add a touch of the tropics to their home or garden. Adenium is a good plant for bonsai.
The Desert Rose is a sun-loving plant that prefers a full-sun environment, ideally receiving at least 8 hours of sunlight per day. It’s important to mimic its native regional conditions for optimal growth.
During its growing season, which is late spring and summer, the Desert Rose needs its soil to be kept moist but never saturated. It’s crucial to let the soil dry out completely before watering again. This plant is quite drought-tolerant but will flower best with regular watering during the summer.
When it comes to soil, the Desert Rose requires a well-drained mix. A typical succulent potting soil with pumice or crushed granite provides plenty of drainage. Overwatering or waterlogging should be avoided as it can lead to root rot.
Keep in mind, during transport they will drop all leaves and go dormant. When you receive this plant, put it in well drained soil, give little water and put it in full sun or under an artificial light. We ship only healthy (in pot) growing plants. We carefully remove the soil. After that, we wrap the plant in paper and then in a strong cardboard box.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no compensation will be issued.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Importer Permit USA There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure. You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
Other countries For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Adenium (Desert Rose) ‘Kunvadee’