Philodendron ‘Anderson’s Red’ variegated
Scientific name: Philodendron ‘Anderson’s Red’ variegata
Soil: fertile, well drained, but moisture retaining; pH 6.1-7.3
Sun/shade: bright indirect sun light
Watering: plenty, somewhat reduced during winter
Hardiness: min 13C (55F)
Growing habit: climbing
Philodendron ‘Anderson’s Red’ variegata is an extreamly rare, yeat very easy to care for hybrid. Give it some sun for good coloration, but don’t put it in full sun. Preferably give it a moss pole to climb on. Do your own soil mixture of 1 part of planting soil, 1/2 part perlite, 1/2 part peat moss, 1/2 part organic compost, 1/2 part orchid bark and 1/2 part activated charcoal. Fertilize your Philodendron ‘Anderson’s Red’ once a month in the growing season, but reduce the fertilizer’s manufacturer recommended strength by half.
We ship only healthy (in pot) growing plants. We carefully remove the soil and wrap the roots in humid sterile coconut peat. Then we gently pack the root ball in a plastic bag. After that, we wrap the plant in newspaper and then in a strong cardboard box.
Terms & Conditions
- ePackage: Thai Royal Mail + your national postal service. Available for orders under 4.4lbs (2kg). Normally it takes 10-14 days;
- EMS: Expedited shipping. It takes also 10-14 days;
- Dragon Courier: Covered with our Live Arrival Guarantee. Dragon Courier ships out of Thailand and do the custom clearing, which makes it passing quicker through the customs. Then they hand it over to DHL or UPS for domestic delivery. The package is always stored in the room temperatures even winter time. Shipments take 5-6 working days for Europe and Canada, and 5-8 days for the USA.
- Correct address and contact details of recipient - We should have been provided with correct address and contact details including cell number and email. The shipment must be sent to the correct delivery address, and not forwarded to another address. P.O.Box is not acceptable as the shipping address.
- First delivery attempt - The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt, or be picked up the day of the first delivery attempt. If you miss the delivery and the package is delayed a day or more because of it, we will not accept responsibility for any losses. It is your responsibility to check the tracking number for delivery, even if courier does not leave a "pink slip" notifying you they tried to deliver the package.
- Clear photo provided within 24 hours – You need to send us a clear picture or video of the full plant in issue with its name, explaining what’s going on within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Package was shipped by Dragon Courier – In case you choose postal E-package, eCommerce Express or EMS, you accept the risk and no refunds can be done.
Apple Pay is available on iOS devices.
Google Pay or Microsoft Pay is available, if activated on your browser.
Following payment methods are available for some countries, when paying in local currency:
Bancontact - Belgium;
EPS - Austria;
Giropay - Germany;
iDEAL - Netherlands;
Klarna - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, UK;
Przelewy24 - Poland;
WeChat - Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, UK, USA
You will get the tracking info once the order is shipped.
Your country's customs will require phytosanitary certificate attached to the order. It is issued by Thai authorities upon inspecting the plants. It will be added to your total on checkout at $19.50. We provide it for free for orders over $100.00. Do not confuse it with the importer permit described below.
There is a limit of 12 plants you can import without having importer permit issued to you by USDA. If your order is more than 12 plants, please email us your importer permit after ordering. If you don't have one you can get it here. On the top of that page you will see a drop-down named “Ready to Apply?” and “Select an option”. Select there option “PPQ-587” and proceed with the application. It is easy and free online procedure.
You don't need the importer permit for orders up to 12 plants.
To Canada you need the importer permit even for just one plant, but if you choose Dragon Courier as the shipping option, they will do the custom clearing and you don't need to provide us with your permit, even for orders over 12 plants. If you choose other shipping options, please email us your importer permit after ordering. You can get it here.
For other shipped countries no importer permit is needed for any amount of plants.
- Disinfect the plant 2 days before shipping;
- Remove soil on day of shipment;
- Clean roots with water until ALL soil is removed;
- Spray 0.03% imidacloprid over plants and dry 30 min;
- OR dip roots for 3 minutes in fungicide and Confidor solution (get sucked up by the plant);
- After that we place all in drying room for 45 min;
- Then we add sterile sphagnum to the roots and wrap this in plastic bag;
- We wrap roots in plastic bag and wrap plant in special designed, clean paper for export, and pack;
- We use new, never used card board boxes, that are tested and approved by ALL Global airfreight standards and ISO requirements.
Specification: Philodendron ‘Anderson’s Red’ variegated